Friday, July 12, 2013

Blogging withdrawals

It has been too long since I last posted and I apologize! It has been a VERY busy few months! How busy you ask? Well, let's see; We flew home to North Carolina in early May; Peyton and I stayed through the ladder part of June. Got back and 3 days later we had 10 wonderful days full of sun, love and laughter with our friends Jeremy and Jackie! Now we are into July and things are slowly and I mean slowly settling down. 

Would you look at those cuties? How did I get so lucky? 

Peyton sure isn't slowing down though! She literally started sitting up on her own and rolling over within 2 days of each other! Which is my fault because I didn't want her rolling over while we were away from Brad so when she finally got the okay she wouldn't do it until now!
 WOW! Time is flying by! I cannot believe she is already 5 months old! Everyone warned me that the first year flew by but I could have never imagined it going THIS fast! I look at her and still think about her being my 7lb little peanut and she is now double her birth weight! Its crazy but in a good way! She's changing every day and I just love it! She is getting such an adorable personality and she is so much like Brad and I both it's scary! 

Her smile is so infectious! Did you just smile looking at this picture? If you didn't your crazy!


While Jeremy and Jackie were here in Hawaii, we went to the beach a few times and Peyton LOVED it! Which is a good thing since we do live at the beach right?! 



We had so much fun while they were here. I cried so much when they left. It was a harsh reminder that we wont see them or anyone from home for at least 10 months. 


Being so far away is really hard! Yea yea yea I live in Hawaii I shouldn't be complaining but I'd take "boring" ol North Carolina over beautiful Hawaii any day of the week. It is incredibly lonely even though we have a lot of friends here. I want Peyton to know and remember her family and our friends from home. I am definitely thankful for Skype, FaceTime, and any other video chat technology. Who ever invented that is probably REALLY rich(why didn't I think of it first?)! 

Well Peyton is sleeping and I should be too but before I go I just have to say that; 
Jackie, when God blesses you with a child, you are going to be such an AMAZING mother. You were so incredibly patient and loving with Peyton it was so beautiful to watch. 



I am debating on my next blog to be about my breastfeeding journey. It is beautiful and I really want to share it so be on the lookout for that! If I can change one persons opinion on breastfeeding I will be doing something right. 

Y'all have a good night now ya' hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment